What is Barre?
Barre classes are ballet inspired but, essentially barre classes mix elements of Pilates, Yoga, and functional training, with moves that are choreographed to motivating music.
In each energizing and targeted workout, you’ll use the barre and exercise equipment such as mini-balls and small hand weights to sculpt, slim and stretch your entire body.
Some things you should know about Barre:
- Barre is easy on the joints. Even as you work your muscles to fatigue, the movements are small and low impact so joints are protected and made safer as you continue to get stronger.
- You will work your whole body in an hour. You'll feel stretched, strengthened and invigorated.
- You don't have to have experience. Whether you come to a Barre or Barre Basics class, the teacher will guide you and help you make the class your own. You may need to do less reps or smaller range of motion and that is fine!
- Any age can do Barre. Everyone works with small movements and can limit or expand their range of motion to suit their specific needs. Exercises can always be modified, whether you are a beginner, pregnant, or have an injury. The movements can also be amplified if you are advanced and looking for more of a challenge!
- Barre's tiny motions, many reps, intentional squeezes and pulses are designed to fatigue muscles to failure. Exhausting the muscle forces it to tone. It is normal for muscles to shake, it means they're working. Although, you don't have to shake for it to work :)
- Lose weight and inches. Because Barre workouts target the largest muscle groups, likes thighs and glutes, your body will function and look better. Building more lean muscle mass will raise your resting metabolic rate, which will help with more energy and expenditure of calories. If you pair your workouts with a healthy diet you will achieve even better results.
- Rapid Results. You will see some major results in little time, so stick with it. If you come to Barre 2-4 times a week, you will typically notice changes within a month. You will notice more chiseled arms, flatter abs, thinner legs and a more lifted seat. It continues to improve the longer you do it.
Targeting multiple muscle groups, this Highly effective workout allows you to increase your heart rate and work your entire body in an hour long low impact class. Barre can improve muscular activation for frequently underused muscles and help improve postural alignment, core strength, and enhance mobility. This is not a dance class. You will do a warm up which will include light weights for arm work, push ups, tricep push-ups, and forearm plank. You'll go to the barre to do small isolated movements for the thighs and glutes and finish with some core work and stretching. Anyone can do the exercises and modify the movements by pausing, using lighter weights, or smaller range of movements.
This slower moving class will be a little easier than the regular Barre classes with less repetitions and more modified instruction.